Serving our community for over 8 years.
Our Pre-Employment Medical examination provides a baseline health assessment for a worker before they enter a role with an employer. The examination assists with risk management and identifies whether a worker is medically suitable in the role for which they are applying.
BeWorkFit Mackay practitioners design task-specific functional assessments for pre-employment medicals and return-to-work rehabilitation programs to suit each individual position within your company.
At BeWorkFit Mackay we pride ourselves on providing quality services from highly skilled practitioners, whilst working closely with companies to create a tailor-made, industry-specific package.
What to expect in your Pre-Employment Medical appointment
After reviewing your Medical History Questionnaire, your doctor will assess the following:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Pressure
- Vision test and colour vision test
- Spirometry test
- Audiogram/hearing test
- Medical review of skin, peripheral vision, abdominal area
- Nervous system
- Basic musculoskeletal system
- Cardiovascular system examination
- Respiratory function examination
- Drug and alcohol screen (if requested with medical)
Many industries require specialised medical assessments tailored to suit the specific needs of unique environments. Our practitioners undergo special training allowing them to perform these types of medicals, including:
- Emergency Response Medical Assessments
- Railway Medicals – Category 1, 2 and 3
- Overseas Health Medicals
- Maritime Medicals
- Commercial Drivers Medicals/Truck Save Medicals
- HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training) Medicals
- Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme (previously known as Coal Board Medicals)
- Health Surveillance Medicals
- Visa Immigration Medicals